Wednesday, December 1, 2010

About let's say I live in New Jersey and work in New York City. Is city tax deducted from my paycheck

Let's say I live in New Jersey and work in New York City. Is city tax deducted from my paycheck?
When I check out the paycheck calculator, I see that there's a section called "City tax". From that section, there's a pull down that gives the following options: "None", "New York City Resident", "Yonkers" and "Yonkers Non-Resident". If I work in NYC (Midtown Manhattan) and live in NJ, which one applies to me?
United States - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
yep, both
2 :
I had one answerer e-mail me. He stated that he received 1100 less in refunds because NYC tax had to be paid. It is possible that NYC was not withheld from you during the year. Save all of your stubs if you not already. The pull down menu forgot that option. If you work in Manhattan, you are going to have to pay NYC tax. Best to you. www.naea.org


Read more other entries :